Sunday 14 December 2014

Birthday Bungy Jump! + VIDEO

I went to the hospital 2 weeks ago for a check-up on my arm and I received good news - it was healing as it should and I was able to have the cast off! 



As a treat for my recovery, I booked 2 bungy jumps and a ledge swing. I booked one of my bungy jumps, the Kawarau Bridge Bungy, for my Birthday on Thursday. It was a special bungy jump because it is the site of the first ever commercial bungy jump centre in the world, which was set up by the bungy jumping pioneer, A. J. Hackett, back in 1988!

The Kawarau Gorge Suspension bridge was a 20 minute drive from Queenstown and the weather was perfect!



I wasn't nervous about the jump because I had down one before a couple of years ago in London, by the O2 Arena. However, as soon as I stepped up to the edge and looked over, my heart began to race! 




As soon as the man began to count down, I reassured myself and then before I knew it, I had jumped! It was an incredible feeling and I even plunged head-first into the river below!







As you can hear in the video, I let out a high-pitched squeal!

https://vimeo.com/115087649

The jump was awesome and I cannot wait to do my next bungy, which is called 'the Nevis' and is the highest bungy jump in Australasia. The Kawarau bridge bungy that I did was 43 metres high but the Nevis bungy is 134 metres up, which is a big difference (just over 3 times as high!!!!) - I can't wait to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment